Sunday, July 12, 2009

7)Xbox360 A game system worth the price?,

Xbox360

I won't lie. I wanted a PS3 for a long time but the original price for it was rediculous to me. $600 for a system that had no great games.

Time went by. The price dropped and more games came out. I saved my money and finally got one.

It was something different to turn it on. I'm used to the old systems where you just put in a game and turned it on. Not anymore. You turn it on and you have a menu to go through showing your options of what you can do. Audio, movies, games, settings, and the Playstation Network. Sony really gave this system the ability to be the center of your entertainment system.

One thing I highly suggest is that you have the ability to hook it up with the internet. Wireless router is highly recommended by others and I. There's many updates for the PS3 and the actual games that will keep it running smoothly. Plus you will have the ability to go online and play HOME.

There's a few things I don't like. One, the new $400 system doesn't have the media slots for the memory stick, sd card, and compactflash.

Second, backwards compatibility for the PS2 is gone. Though you can play PS1 games. But you need an adapter to plug your PS1 memory card into your usb to transfer data.

Third, you run out of memory fast. I really don't think 80GB is enough space to use your PS3 to it's fullest. But there are ways to fix this problem. You can switch out the hard drive if desired.

Fourth, is a minor complaint. New PS3 games that you haven't played on your system before, aren't so quick to play. Before you play, it will have updates for the game you are playing, and want to download the software. Then it will want to install it. Then it has to set up save space for the game. The whole process can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes to start. Good news is that after you do this, it doens't have to do it again. You can easily just start the game.

Graphics of course are top notch. The Blu-Ray player is wonderful. And it can play normal DVD's. I haven't expeirenced the 1080 graphics yet since I only have a SDTV but still it looks beautiful. Yet the system comes with composit cables. Bad idea.

There is a LOT of small text when you go to Playstation Networks Home. It's hard to read when the picture is fuzzy. Componet cables are really a must have (remember when you get them you have to go to settings and set the picture to componet same with HDMI) if you want to get all you can without HD.

Sound was okay. Basic red and white audio. However, there is a choice for optical sound. I bought the cable and hooked my PS3 up to my sound system and was BLOWN AWAY! I couldn't believe how much better the sound was (remember you have to go to settings and choose audio output, optical).

The controllers are wireless, with rumble and sixaxes (funny enough I haven't heard of one game where people perferred sixaxes to the basic analog stick seems like it was a bad idea).

Since they're wireless, they need to be charged. You get a usb cable that hooks your controller to the system which charges it. It also puts the system and controller in sync (needs to be done). Your PS3 will include one of these cables BUT will have to be bought seperatly after that. When you buy individual controllers they don't come with it. On top of that the battery in the controller will have to be replaced due to wear and tear.

It can be annoying if you want to play and they have to charge. You can play with them plugged in but the original cable is rather short and gets annoying when you are used to no wire.

Other accessories can be bought. Blu-Ray player remote control (you can use the game controller as a remote), keyboard for the Playstation Network (or you can once again use the game controller), and the PS3 eyetoy.

Overall, I love my PS3. I play it much more then the our Wii. Mainly due to the game selection. Hopefully tons of great games come out in the near future. Even though I'm still addicted to playing Resident Evil 5 and now I just started BioShock. I predict I'm not going to be doing anything else for a while LOL!

Buy Order This Game=KENG PS3 Games Shop Online

No comments:

Post a Comment